Thursday, July 12, 2007

The July 12th Update on Mike


Weight: 193
BMR: 3200-3500 Calories

Foods:

Protein Shake (more like powdery water): 130
Turkey Sandwich w/ Avacado: 350?
Tomato Soup: 140
Ham and Egg Sandwich on Wheat w/ Light Mayo (Delicious): 500
OJ: 100
Rockstar Low-Carb Energy Drink: 20
Six Pieces of Gum (Sugar free): 30

Total: 1270

Unless I am wildly off on that Turkey Sandwich, today was a very low calorie day. I also had about two and a half diet cokes, and a single Whopper (the malted milk ball, not the sandwich) but the cokes have no calories (although I hear they can increase your risk of kidney failure. Fuck it, I have two) and I don't think the single whopper was that significant.

Exercise:

Circuit Arm Workout: 2 Circuits

Seated Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets, 20 reps, 15 sec rest, 25lbs
French Curls: 3 sets, 10 reps, 15 sec rest, 45lbs
Seated Dumbbell Curls/Hammers: 3 sets, 20 reps, 15 sec rest, 25lbs
Triceps Pull-Downs: 3 sets, 10 reps, 15 sec rest, 52.5lbs
Seated Dumbbell Hammers: 1 set, 60 reps, 15lbs
Tricep Pull-Downs: 8 sets, 5 reps, no rest, 42.5lbs (decreasing one plate per set)
Rinse and Repeat.

Treadmill: 1 mile, 7.5mph

Weak Spartan Workout: (For authenticity complete in the nude)

50 The Complete Calvin and Hobbes Deadlifts (roughly 20-25lbs)
50 Bodyweight Squats
20 Pushups
50 Jumping Jacks
30 Mountain Climbers
10 Close Grip Pushups
50 The Complete Calvin and Hobbes Deadlifts

This is a slight variation of a workout on Mens Health, they suggest that it is great for a guy with "moderate fitness", which is kind of being nice, because this one is pretty easy (except for the close grip pushups, I cry a little when I do those).

1 comment:

Yoosuk said...

Moderate fitness, right. Men's Health seems to cater towards a weekend warrior type crowd. On the other hand, Muscle&Fitness is a little too hardcore for me. Way too much into the supplements. So I take what I like and leave the rest.