Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My BMR and Caloric Intake

Using the Harris Benedict method I was able to figure out my Base Metabolic Rate (BMR). This is the number of calories I consume to merely survive. You know if I was catatonic or something. My BMR is 2100. Yea.

BMR = 66 + (6.3 x Body weight in lbs.) + (12.9 x Height in inches) - (6.8 x Age)
*For men, the female version was in metric units so I didn't post it.

So then to get my caloric intake on a daily basis I multiplied by 1.7 for my activity level. So my daily calorie consumption comes to about 3500.

Activity Multiplier
Sedentary = 1.2 (little exercise, desk job)
Light Activity = 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
Moderate Activity = 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week)
Very Active = 1.725 (heavy exercise/sports 6-7 days/week)
Extreme Activity = 1.9 (heavy exercise/sports, physically demanding job)

Makes that 1200 calorie dinner seem a lot less horrifying? Yeah and that's why I'm always grumpy if I don't eat.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I was going to post my numbers here, but because our height, weight, age, and level of activity are so similar, it is kind of pointless.